Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Sausage fingers!

One of the beauties of pregnancy, at least for me, it seems, is that my fingers have swollen up into little sausages. Finger sausages. That's unfortunate because I love my wedding ring, that is currently a size 7.5 (yes my fingers are big normally.) Here is a picture of the pretty ring:




Now...my fingers have swollen a lot. I've taken to wearing a sterling silver band...that's a size 9. That's the same size Shawn wears! *whine* Here is a pic of the offensive hand. Sorry if it blinds you, but my hands are really that pale. This is what happens when I don't tan!! Eek.



That being said, I wouldn't trade any of this (the weight gain, the sausage fingers, the pale, see through skin, the morning sickness, the awkwardness, etc) for not being pregnant. Feeling G kick is such a wonderful feeling! It reminds me what's important in life. Thank You, God, for blessing us!!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Hey there, I chanced onto your blog. I miss seeing you W. nites. It was fun to sit and talk about Beth's outfits. HA HA. No, just kidding, I really liked getting to know you better.

I got really bad carpal tunnel in my 2nd & 3rd trimester so I know what that's like.

Anonymous said...

Please get checked out by a rheumatologist. I had finger swelling like this during pregnancy and finally it turned out that I had CREST scleroderma, an autoimmune disease which causes finger swelling, and which can be triggered during pregnancy.