Sunday, October 19, 2008

Children's Museum

Saturday morning we decided to head over to the new Children's Museum in downtown Phoenix. There are a lot of completed exibits - well, exibits isn't really the right word - everything there, can be played with/in/on by the children. It's a lot of fun but I think will be even more fun once everything is completed. It costs $9 per person - even little ones over the age of 1 - so it's kind of pricey, but Jeremiah had enough fun for all of us.

Inside "the Supermarket" - they had little shopping carts and shelves of food that you can 'check out' through play cash registers and scanners. J preferred to help out on the janitorial side.


This is in the "3 & Under room" - everything is perfect size for toddlers. J loved it.


I climbed under this little deck and looked up while he was on top. He thought it was hilarious.


He was able to go up the stairs and come down the slide all by himself! He looks scared but he really was having fun.


Putting balls in the hole and watching them fall down. (almost like Plinko)


Hanging out in the little kitchen.


Going up the stairs all by himself - we need to get a short railing like that for our stairs!!


This is in the "Ballroom" - literally a room with a ton of things that balls can roll down. It's hard to explain. It was noisy and fun and J loved it.


They have an area for 'chilling' - lots of books and chairs and beanbags so you can wind down after all the craziness. J loved these tube things.


This is a temporary play area - a bunch of fabric tunnels that you see when you walk in. It's not the best first impression, trust me - Shawn and I looked at each other and were like...."we just paid $27 for this?!?!" But it gets better. And J loved the tunnels. (They're going to be building something called 'The Climber' where this is.)


At one point J tried to escape through a 'window' - didn't work so good.


Favorite picture of the day.


Overall, I'd say it's worth it. We only stayed around 2 hours, I think J would have stayed longer though. If you go on the weekend, go early! We got there @ 9am when it opened and by 11am it was starting to get pretty busy. I can't imagine how crazy that place is when it's packed with kids.

2 comments:

Rizzi Blog said...

It looks like so much fun! I like your comparison to Plinko. I understook immediately what you meant!

Jenny said...

I can't wait to go. I love the pics - they motivate me to go - maybe when I have more than a 90 minute window of time, though.