Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The first day of preschool...


Yesterday was Jeremiah's first day of school.  PRESCHOOL, of course (as he insists it be called).  He goes three days a week for about 3 hours at a time.  He was more than ready to go - so excited, and not nervous or anxious one bit.  Of course, I worried if he'd be afraid, not knowing anyone, but at his age everyone is a potential friend.  I wish I was more like that! 

We all had to take photos with Jeremiah, now preschooler Jeremiah!


All morning I couldn't stop thinking about what he looked like when he was a baby, and of course it made me cry.  It's gone by so fast!

Sarah had to take a photo with her big brother!

This is his main teacher, Miss Merkle.  She's very sweet!  (And cool - she has her nose pierced!)

When I went to pick him up, he was listening to a book being read. Instead of running to me, like I thought he would, he stayed in his spot and listened to the rest of the story.  He also told me he got stickers for helping clean up and 'doing the right thing.'  He said he was a 'five star listener' but then later said that he wasn't told that.  Other than that, he enjoyed preschool - he did make one friend, who looks like his friend Seth, but didn't know his new friend's name.  I'm really, really proud of him!  Pretty soon, Cubbies will start (and Sarah will be in Puggles!) and then we'll have MOPs starting, too!

No comments: