Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The WEDDING!

My cousin Jenny got married this past weekend in Wisconsin. I would have loved for all of our family to go, but it just wasn't feasible, so I went to represent the Roland clan. It was weird to be out and about for so long with no children or husband. I did feel a little sad at the wedding to not have Shawn with me, especially since I cried like a baby!

Here are some of the highlights.


My lovely Mom and I at the rehearsal dinner Friday night.



Friday night - my awesome, lovely, beautiful, sweet, bestest friend Shannon came to visit me at the hotel. I haven't seen her since 2005!



This might seem weird, but we visited the cemetery where my Busia's grave site is. I brought her a little geranium - we always used to plant them on her Mom's and husband's graves. It was a little emotional, but I did okay.



I spent a lot of Sunday afternoons here growing up. It wasn't weird or creepy, it was just what we did.



Another cemetery shot. Since it was May 21st, and we were kind of joking about the rapture that was supposed to happen, we decided the cemetery was not the place to be when all that started going down. (The other side of the crypts had "The Dead Shall Rise" on it.)



Off to the wedding - me, Mom and Ronnie.



Jacob, Noah, their Roy Rogers, and Ronnie (post wedding cocktail hour)



The lovely bride and groom make their entrance!



Let the dancing begin!!



Soon after the music started, the HATS showed up. It was total silliness from there on out.



You can't really see it, but his hat has dreadlocks on it.



Noah and Kristen. Awww!



See? Totally silly!



There were also...blow up guitars.



And just like that, it was the last dance!


What a great, beautiful time. Congratulations to Jennifer and husband-dude. (just kidding, his name is Nick)


Meanwhile, back at home, Jeremiah had his last t-ball lesson of the year. :( Coach Eric (who Sarah loves) brought popsicles! Yum!

No comments: