Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Little scare today

So...I've been slightly swollen in the feet for awhile - okay, really swollen. But this morning I woke up with swollen hands and had to upgrade to a size 10 wedding ring. Good thing I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon.

I go to the doctor and the nurse has to take my blood pressure twice. That freaked me out a little bit. Then she said, "You've gained a lot of weight." I have no idea how much but that scared me too. Then Tracy, the NP, came in and checked my hands. She agreed they were swollen then told me that my BP was higher than normal and there was protien in my urine. Any of you who've been pregnant knows what that might mean - preeclampsia. Or, in English, pregnancy-induced hypertension (high blood pressure). I was sent for blood tests and then sent home, with orders to take a 'cold' bath and put my feet up. Of course, when I got home, I looked up preeclampsia in my "What to expect when you're expecting" book.

Guess what it says for treatment?

If you have preeclampsia, delivery of the baby is the best way to protect both you and your baby.

So I sat there and thought about meeting my G-man now. It was scary but I know that God would take care of us.

Then, Tracy called me with the blood test results - I am okay. Praise God! But I have an appointment next week and need to be careful and make sure I don't have any vision changes or headaches that don't go away with Tylenol.

Please keep the baby in your prayers that he stays put til 37 weeks! Thank you!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will pray that all goes well and baby stays put in the coming weeks. I had PIH with Owen so I know it can be a little scary :)Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart...