Monday, July 12, 2010
Don't try this at home.
Last week was a rough one. On July 4th, I woke up with nasty food poisoning. On July 6th, Shawn and I woke up in the middle of the night to a hot house and a broken air conditioner. My friend, Andrea Whittle (who is also a fantastic photographer, how did I get so lucky to know so many good ones?), offered to let us come over and hide out in her house. She lives far away from us, about a 40 minute drive, so I figured if anything the kids could sleep in the car. We were there almost all day, and she took that hilarious picture above. (hilarious and maybe a little scary, I admit) Thank God for generous friends! Our air conditioner did get fixed at about 7pm, the house quickly cooled from 95 to 90 at 8pm when I put the kids to bed.
Speaking of the kids...they're still simultaneously driving me mad and making me laugh and sigh over their cuteness. How do they do that?
We went bowling recently for Shawn's birthday. (He's finally 29, so that means the teasing about me being 'older' will stop for awhile!)
Sarah had fun as long as she was well-fed.