Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Moments and memories


Today was a typical Tuesday. We went to the park with playgroup (friends we've been meeting with since J was about 2 months old!), then since it was close, headed to In-N-Out for lunch. The kids and I went through the drive thru and piled in the backseat to eat together.

But it felt like one of those moments, you know the ones, something I might look back on and remember about this time in my life in 10, 20, 30 years. It felt so unimportant and important at the same time, unimportant that it was just me and the kids having lunch, like we do every day (although not usually in the van). Important because my children are sweet, good people and sometimes I forget that. Jeremiah's a little gentleman, helping Sarah eat. It was just fun to hang out with them and eat our (delicious) burgers.

I just wished that our moment together would have lasted longer - all too soon they were done eating, J was running up and down the little aisle in the van...but I wanted to blog about it so someday I'd be able to look at this post and remember things like Sarah sneaking bites of J's cheeseburger every time he put it down, even though she had her own in her other hand, J asking to sit next to Sarah instead of me (like in the picture) even though there was almost no room for him over there. Sarah taking her shoes off as soon as I sat her down on the seat, just like we do when we get home. It was so...mundane...but so special.

2 comments:

Candi said...

See THIS is why i am so sad to be an empty nester !!! Cute, cute post. I love it! This is one reason I want to blog to document moments like these that we WILL forget!

OUR WILD ZOO! said...

THESE are my favorite type of posts, Rachel! Those moments that you never want to forget. I have those times, where you stop for a second and just breathe it all in. Such a beautiful family you have. I'm so happy to watch them grow and thrive.