Sunday, February 21, 2010

Twenty nine!

Saturday was my 29th birthday. I was completely spoiled all day thanks to Shawn and the kids!

We headed to the zoo first thing in the morning. The skies were a bit daunting but I was determined to have fun!


It started raining...


So we hid out by the wallabies in this weird sort of building with piranas, snakes, roaches, fuzzy ants, and took pictures.


J conquered an alligator (or a croc)


Trying to stay dry under a tortise shell.


We left as it started pouring, the kids loved it, Shawn and I were all but running. After Sarah went down for a nap, Shawn shoo'd me out the door to head to the Biltmore to go shopping and then to the Red Door Spa for a spa facial. It was lovely. It was the first time in a long time that I was able to browse clothes racks without someone screaming and another someone running in and out and all around. So incredibly relaxing!

After I got home, Grandma and Grandpa popped over for a visit and then, a fantastic friend came over to babysit the kiddos... and we headed out to this. One of Shawn's clients, who is very generous, invited us! What an awesome, fun, birthday treat.

I wish this was my birthday cake. Wow.


Hiding in the noodle forest.


Drawing!


Shawn and I.


Katherine and I. She and I played the scavenger hunt together. We're both very competitve and through creative playing (and lots of running in 4" heels...my feet have blisters today!), we were POSITIVE we were the first ones to turn in our sheet. There were prizes for 1st (a trip to vegas), 2nd and 3rd. We were FOURTH to turn ours in. How disappointing. But we had fun and probably burned off all the calories we had eaten.


This is the spot where there should be pictures of me and Hugh Downs and Mayor Phil. However, I was too chicken to ask Hugh for a photo (even though I think it being my birthday may have made it seem less lame) and Mayor Phil was never around when I was around Shawn, who had the camera. Ah well!

3 comments:

Mikele said...

Happy Birthday!!! I recognize that place, but I've never gone looking as hot...

OUR WILD ZOO! said...

You look gorgeous, birthday girl!! What a cool birthday, mine I spent in labor last year :) Hopefully this one is better?

I loved the updates, Sarah has changed again-her cooing and laughing and dimples are SOOO adorable. I laughed at J's questioning. That line of fire questioning happens here too- I lOVE silence at bedtime. Relish it, actually-

Praying for your church to find a new home and health for your family-sounds like you had been through the wringer. Thanks for being so prayerful with our family, as well. I appreciate it so much!

Rizzi Blog said...

Happy birthday!!!