Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008 went out with a BANG!!

Or, maybe a jolt?

J and I were headed over to the zoo for the 'snow' on New Years Eve when I stopped behind a few other cars waiting for a bus. I heard a noise behind me that I didn't immediately recognize. Less than a second later, I realize that it was an accident and as I was having the thought "I might get hit," BAM!!! I was slammed into from behind and the root beer (thank God it wasn't coffee) I was holding exploded all over me, the windshield, and the dashboard. J started screaming and I felt so helpless. I called 911 and the police showed up. The guy who hit me didn't have a license (but the truck was insured, I at least got that information) so he actually left the scene before the police arrived.

The fire department came to check on J - I was too paranoid to take him out of his seat after the accident (after the initial shock he was totally fine, his normal happy smiling self). They said he was ok and recommended (if just for my piece of mind) to go to the hospital to get checked out for the baby.

After dropping Shawn's car off at home, we headed to Banner Desert. Shawn took J over to the collision center and picked up a rental car, then headed home so J could take a short nap. Short because Bubbie (AKA Shawn's mom, Anita) and our nephew, Caleb, were arriving at the airport at 315pm.

I was at the hospital from about 1130am til 5pm, they had to run a bunch of tests to make sure there wasn't any damage to the placenta, the sac, and of course, our baby girl. One of those tests involved an ultrasound. It was great to see our little girl wiggling around in there, but then the tech moved over her face and, well, I was a little scared.

Now, be honest. That picture looks like something out of a freaky Japanese horror movie, am I right? I told the tech: "Wow, that sure is scary looking." I think to make me feel bad or to show me my baby wasn't going to eat my soul, she flipped over to the 3D view.



Oh.....

My.....

Goodness!!!


She is gorgeous!!! I did feel bad for calling her scary, but now I know better. I think she looks like J - they definitely have the same nose. And maybe the same lips. Either way, she's beautiful and she's healthy and she's fine after our excitement yesterday. Thank God!!

10 comments:

Shelly said...

glad to hear that it turned out ok! What a horrible way to start the day! She looks beautiful! I can't wait to her "in person".

Shannon said...

Happy to hear that you and J and baby are all okay. Those 3D ultrasounds are amazing!

Jenny said...

I am so glad to hear you all are okay and your little girl is so beautiful!

Mikele said...

You really know how to start off the new year...

I'm so glad you guys are fine and it was a treat to see her face!

Unknown said...

OMG...ever since my computer crashed I lost everyone's blog address, but I finally got most of them back. So anyway, I just now discovered that you're expecting a baby girl too! I'm so happy for you and am glad you all were safe in your car accident. God was definitely watching out for you! :)

Kristi said...

Well, that WAS a scary picture. And then beautiful. :)

Astraea said...

What a beautiful girl! That first picture was a little freaky!!!

mini and brother said...

Thank God you're all safe and sound. Those pictures are so pretty and I am dying to see her face and know her name!

Robyn said...

Wow, I too am so glad you guys are OK. She is beautiful!

Andrea said...

Oh how scary! I'm so glad all 3 of you are okay. What a beautiful little baby girl, the last picture she looks so peaceful with her hand on her cheek, gotta love the
3d ultrasounds!