Tuesday, June 28, 2011

F.O.U.R

F is for how funny you are
O is for your love of oranges
U is for undies, which you've been wearing for over a year (YAY!)
R is for red, your favorite color (which can change daily)


I've always thought that 4 was such a big birthday. At least I have since I had Jeremiah - it really seems like that's the point where children stop being 'babies' and really become 'children.' So as Jeremiah approached 4, and as both Shawn and I could witness a change in him - honestly, in the last few months he has absolutely become a 4 year old - I just knew that we were entering into 'childhood' and moving away from babyhood. Which is good, but still strange.

Since his birthday fell on a Monday, and his party isn't til July 9th, I decided to go (a little) crazy on his actual birthday. I asked him what he wanted to do and he replied (with gusto) "Chuck E Cheese!" We had loads of tokens from 9 months ago leftover in the car, so we went.


A fun present! (Secondhand, of course, but he doesn't care)



Starbucks Cake Pop at 9am? Yes, please!



And of course a big chocolate milk with 'whupped' cream.



Then to Chuck E Cheese's! (I love his new fake smile)




Lily came along to join us - we haven't seen her (and her mom) in a long time! It was great to see them.




My birthday boy and I.



The kiddos. They're so big!




Doing a little racing.




Jeremiah's requested birthday dinner - macaroni & cheese, grapes and beans. He doesn't like beans but told me with confidence "4 year olds like beans." (For the record, he only wanted two beans and was then done!)



Birthday cake (from Scooptacular, where else?)




Yummy!




Jeremiah's changed so much from 3 to 4. He is more aware of the world around him, is so curious about things, knows his letters and numbers and can spell his name! He'll be going to preschool in the fall, and is excited to go and make friends. He still says some cute things - like 'bitar' for guitar and 'No, I amn't!' when he insists he hasn't done something. He can make up stories, run really fast, and jump so far. I completely forgot about getting him in for his 4 year visit, so I don't know how tall or heavy he is, but I'm going to guess he's about 40" and 33 lbs. He's thin, and that's okay - it's just him. (Takes after Daddy, I guess!) He's so great with his baby sister - he loves her so much. And I'm so happy that I get to be his Mom - I never imagined this life when he was born, I was so focused on the moment that I didn't really think about the kind of child he'd be.

He had a great birthday, I think (hope!) and it was so fun to hang out with him. We love that guy so much!

1 comment:

erinshriner said...

What a sweet boy you have! He is a blessing, but you are also a blessing to him as parents. Good job, guys!