Sunday, March 13, 2011

Fun in the Sun

The latest in the Roland house:

Shawn and I were invited to the Suns and Stars Gala Friday night. Yes, 8 days after gallbladder surgery. I took my painkillers, threw on the makeup, and off we went.


This is like a "Where's Waldo" photo - only it's "Where's Sarah?"




Dinner was very fancy. Dessert was tasty, but according to Shawn, it was a bad idea to eat the basketball.




Shawn and I at dinner. My friend, Katherine, took a close-up because from further away we "looked like we were at a convention in Vegas." (Like my eye makeup? I'm having a giveaway on my other blog for some, if you're interested!)




Huey Lewis and the News performed after a very expensive live auction. I would have danced if I wasn't so concerned with ripping my stitches.




The next day we took off to Indian School park to enjoy the gorgeous weather. The kids ignored the playground and instead had a blast running up and down this huge hill. Shawn was in charge of chasing them, of course.




They also found a huge ant hill. (Ants not pictured.)




Then we hung out and took photos at home.





Jeremiah is an aspiring photographer.





OH MY GOSH! A family photo. Everyone looking. No one crying. I honestly cannot believe it.




Like our new sunglasses?  Sarah likes my white ones. Also, we're at Giant Coffee in Phoenix...the honey vanilla latte is my favorite drink ever. And they have awesome baked goods. Perfect little coffee shop.

No comments: