Friday, May 22, 2009

Update...etc...

Sarah had an appointment with a GI doctor @ Phoenix Childrens Hospital yesterday morning. He checked her out and also ran a test in the office that showed just a tough of microscopic blood in her stool. His recommendations were to first eliminate soy and eggs (so that means I'm now on a dairy-free, nut-free, egg-free and soy-free diet). Hopefully with the elimination of those two protiens the bleeding will stop. If it doesn't, the next step (which I really don't want to do) would be to put her on a special hypoallergenic formula. There is nothing wrong with formula, but I would be heartbroken to have to wean her at such a young age. So I'm praying that elimanating the soy and eggs works.

Thank you all for your prayers!
Here are some recent pics.

A friend of mine had professional photos taken of her sons - one of the poses was like this and I found it so adorable I had to try and copy. Not the same, of course but it's still cute. J-squint and all.


Yesterday morning we played outside in the drizzle. J had fun in his sandbox.




My view of Sarah (all wrapped up and snuggly in her wrap)


This morning we went to the science center in Phoenix. Apparently every school district decided to go too. Things were a little 'old' for J but there were plenty of buttons to push. His favorite.

2 comments:

Rizzi Blog said...

I REALLY hope cutting the stuff out of your diet helps. I'm sorry you have to go through this, but she'll be fine. I just know it! :)

Emily said...

LOOK at J's cute squinty eyes! And Sarah is just so bright-eyed. They are beautiful. I hope the diet change works, Rach!